Are You Ready For The First Day of School?
Tuesday, August 27th, 2013
The last minutes of summer are ticking away and itâ€™s already that time of year – the countdown has begun to head back to school. The first day of school day for Inver Grove Heights public schools is Tuesday, September 3rd.
As the new school year approaches we know that with it comes every possible reaction for kids and parents: excitement, nervousness, annoyance and complete and utter dismay that summer has come to an end. So the staff here at Salem Green want to try and make it something to look forward to rather than something to dread.
As the school bus arrives to Salem Green to drop the children off at the end of day for the first day of school we will be waiting at the bus stop with juice boxes and treats!
We also want to give you some tips for the first day back to school to help prepare for the big day:
- Remember, the bus stop is by the Recreation Center. This is where the children will be picked up and dropped off.
- Get Ready: Donâ€™t underestimate the fun and importance of new stuff for the big day. Here is a link of all of the school supply lists for the Inver Grove Heights ISD #199 community schools: http://www.invergrove.k12.mn.us/supplylists.html
- Remember Routines: Before school starts, focus on sleep schedules, exercise, healthy foods and quality time together. This will make the transition for crazy summer schedules back to school schedules, much easier.
- Show Them the Way: If this is your childâ€™s first day at a new school, show your child their new classroom, what entrance and exit to use and where everything is located at throughout the school. If they are taking the bus, explain how to get on and off the bus safely.
- Talk, Talk, Talk: Try to think of all the positive things and talk about them as much as possible. This will get them excited for all the great experience that are about to come.
- Be Organized: A good way to ease back-to-school anxiety by being prepared. Help your child lay out their first day school outfit and pack their backpack the night before. Be sure to include a healthy lunch and a snack.
From all of us here at Salem Green, we wish you good luck on the first day of school and hope it’s a good day!