Beautiful Blooming Balconies!
Monday, July 15th, 2013
One of the best things about living at Salem Green is the large balconies and patios. If you had a chance to join our Container Gardening Class a few weeks ago, you would have found out that decorating your balcony for summer does not need to be a chore; it can be fun and rewarding! Whatâ€™s not to love about having a beautiful relaxing space outside in the privacy of your balcony?
Here are a few tips to remember before you begin decorating your balcony:
- Treat your balcony like any other room in your home. Keep it neat and organized. Please do not store anything on your balcony besides outdoor furniture and other miscellaneous outdoor items.
- If you decide to do some gardening, choose from many self-watering containers for low maintenance.
- Keep it fresh. Make sure you water regularly, fertilize your plants, and keep them trimmed. This will keep it looking beautiful!
- Be creative. Express yourself and make your balcony your own.
- If youâ€™re on the upper floor, make sure your plants are secure so their not a hazard to anyone below.
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy the view!
Have you been trying out your green thumb skills on your balcony? We would love to see what you have done with your space, send us pictures of your balcony: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out the photos below of some of our residents’ balconies.