Kambra’s savory sweet potato recipe
Monday, November 24th, 2014
We polled our staff here at Lexington Heights to see who had the best Thanksgiving recipe, and the winner is…Kambra’s sweet potato casserole! Check out Kambra’s mouth-watering recipe below.
Here’s what you’ll need
*4-6 Sweet potatoes peeled and sliced about ¼ inch thick
*3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
*1/2 T Nutmeg
*2T Vanilla Extract
*1 Stick of Butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place all your sweet potato slices in a greased 9×13 baking pan (they do not have to lay flat or be in any type of order).
- Evenly distribute the brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and butter slices over potatoes.
- Cover with foil and cook for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Take an immersion blender and very carefully (so as to not get extremely hot potatoes on your skin) blend down the potatoes to the consistency you want.
- Using the immersion blender will also mix the ingredients together nicely.
- Once everything is blended together and you have the consistency you want, layer mini marshmallows on top and stick under the broiler (uncovered) for a VERY SHORT period of time until the marshmallows are browned. Be very careful during this step. It only takes about 1 minute; any longer and the marshmallows will burn.
Let us know if you try Kambra’s recipe this week. And be sure to leave your recipes or favorite dishes in the comments below!