Lanai Decorating Ideas and Policies
Tuesday, May 12th, 2015
We appreciate the way in which many of our residents decorate their lanais with flowers, plants, and many other unique decorations and furniture. If you’ve just moved in or if you haven’t thought about what to do with your lanai yet, we’ve got some fun ideas to share! We also ask that all our residents continue to observe the community policies regarding lanais. Keep reading for policy reminders and some great decoration ideas to try out at home!
Lanais are considered common areas of the property, and we ask that they be maintained in a manner that is non-offensive and non-hazardous to all other residents. Please be sure to follow these community polices regarding your lanais:
– Holiday decorations should be removed in a timely manner.
– Storage of any kind (excluding bicycles), hanging of laundry, and the use or storage of barbecue grills or grilling supplies is prohibited.
– Do not throw cigarette butts from your lanai onto the property and do not put cigarettes out in potted plants. We have complimentary “butt buckets” available in the Rental Office for your convenience. These receptacles ensure the ashes stay enclosed and do not fly out (as with many ash trays).
Here are some fun ways you can decorate your patio or balcony area:
– Add colorful or beautifully patterned outdoor rug
– Use simple and colorful outdoor furniture
– Decorate with weatherproof accent pillows to accompany the furniture
– Plant beautiful floral arrangements in hanging planters, plant boxes, pots, or vases
– Be decorative and self-sustaining with container gardens! Check out the following links for ideas and instructions:
Where to buy flowers? Check out:
Home Depot (941) 377-1900
4111 Cattleman Rd, Sarasota, FL 34233
Plants and Treasures: (941) 355-7001
7942 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34243
For some visual inspiration, check out the pictures below. And be sure to post your spring patio pictures on our Facebook page!