Patio and Balcony Decorating Ideas and Policies
Tuesday, May 12th, 2015
Spring is in full swing! And that means spending more and more time outside. Many of our residents with green thumbs have already started planting flowers and decorating their patios for the spring/summer season. And as everyone begins migrating outside this year, we ask that all our residents observe the community policies regarding balconies and patios. Keep reading for policy reminders and also some great decoration ideas to try out at home!
Balconies and patios are considered common areas of the property, and we ask that they be maintained in a manner that is non-offensive and non-hazardous to all other residents. Please follow these community polices to help ensure we all have a safe and happy spring:
– Appropriate patio furniture, plants, flowers and other decorations are acceptable.
– Holiday decorations should be removed in a timely manner.
– Storage of any kind, hanging of laundry, dog waste bags, shoes and coolers are prohibited.
– Do not throw cigarette butts from your patio onto the property and do not put cigarettes out in potted plants. We have complimentary “butt buckets” available in the Rental Office for your convenience. These receptacles ensure the ashes stay enclosed and do not fly out (as with many ash trays).
Here are some fun ways you can decorate your patio or balcony area:
– Add colorful or beautifully patterned outdoor rug
– Use simple and colorful outdoor furniture
– Decorate with weatherproof accent pillows to accompany the furniture
– Plant beautiful floral arrangements in hanging planters, plant boxes, pots, or vases
– Be decorative and self-sustaining with container gardens! Check out the following links for ideas and instructions:
Where to buy flowers? Check out:
5500 Blaine Ave Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076
Home Depot-(651) 452-2323
Eagan-3220 Denmark Ave, Eagan, MN 55121
For some visual inspiration, check out the pictures below. And be sure to post your spring patio pictures on our Facebook page!