The cold can’t keep this staff down!
Monday, February 9th, 2015
As you know, Minnesota winter has been in full swing. And even though temperatures rose a little recently, the snow and cold are expected to return this week. Regardless of the temperature, our staff keeps working hard to ensure the community and our residents are cared for. Check out the pictures of a few of our team members all bundled up and ready to deliver your packages, clear the snow, and inspect the buildings and grounds to make sure your home is comfortable.
As you venture out in the cold this winter, please remember that frostbite and hypothermia are very serious health risks, which you should always take precautions to prevent. Here is a list of suggestions to help you be prepared:
– Make sure you are wearing appropriate clothing: dress in layers and be sure to wear mittens, a hat, and waterproof boots.
– Cover as much exposed skin as possible when outdoors (including your eyes).
– If possible, avoid being outdoors for long periods of time when the temperatures and wind chills are excessively low. Keep children indoors.
– Plan your day to include all of your excursions in one trip to reduce the time you need to be outside.
– Carry a cell phone on you at all times in case of emergencies.
– Pack a winter kit for your car. An ice scraper, extra windshield fluid, booster cables, blankets, flashlight, and a bag of sand or cat litter for traction will be very helpful in an emergency situation.
– Slow down and use caution when walking on the snow and ice.
For a full list of winter preparedness tips visit, click here.
Check out pictures of a few of the Condor team members hard at work after the last snowfall.