Palm Cove Apartments is seeking a full-time Maintenance Technician to assist the Community Manager and property staff in maintaining and developing the operations of our 352-unit apartment community in the Bradenton, FL.
About Palm Cove Apartments
Palm Cove Apartments is a tropical residential apartment community in Bradenton, FL, a few miles from Anna Maria Island and just steps from 50+ restaurants, grocery options, and retail stores. We’re a resort-style property with lush grounds, unique amenities, and spacious 1- to 3-bedroom apartment homes. Plus, we’re minutes from Florida’s renowned white sand beaches, historic Cortez Fishing Village, vibrant downtown Bradenton, and scenic Riverwalk.
The Palm Cove staff work closely together on a daily basis to maintain our community’s operations. With our combined experience and our unique personalities and skill sets, we create a super-team of multi-housing professionals!
Maintenance Technician: Job Overview
As a Maintenance Technician, you’ll enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where no day looks the same – providing hands-on service to current residents in addition to servicing the overall maintenance needs of the community. You’ll need an eye for detail, a passion for fixing things, and a knack for problem solving.
Having home maintenance taken care of is a big reason people continue to rent, and our maintenance team is constantly getting shout-outs in our online reviews and residents surveys. This means polite, professional communications skills are a must!
What We Provide
As part of our commitment to helping employees enjoy life to the fullest, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Competitive pay ($23 – $28 per hour, depending on qualification)
- Vacation and sick time
- 6+ paid holidays
- Healthcare plans (we share the expense!)
- Dental and vision care options
- 401K with employer match (after 1 year of employment)
- Fun employee and community events
- Opportunity to live on site (with access to premium amenities)
On-site living reduces commute times and work costs for our staff, allowing them to focus on what matters – spending time with family, pursuing hobbies and interests, and enjoying life!
What You Provide
We are looking for someone with a positive attitude, genuine desire to do a good job, and an eagerness to learn; someone with a superior work ethic who enjoys fostering and building relationships; someone who takes pride in their daily work; and someone who is detail-oriented and goes the extra mile.
Being able to work independently and be self-motivated are musts, but we also value a team player who can effectively communicate with and contribute to the rest of the staff.
- Daily completion of resident maintenance requests
- Full maintenance of apartments prior to new residents moving in
- Repair and upkeep of property including all buildings, amenities, and limited grounds (no lawn care)
- Assist with preserving safety of buildings and community through general upkeep and preventive maintenance, snow removal, and grounds maintenance
- Evening, night, and weekend on-call responsibilities on a rotating basis
- Provide residents with outstanding customer service
- Polite, professional communication with office staff to fulfill needs of residents and community
- All other duties as assigned by Management
- 1 – 2 years apartment maintenance (or related field) experience preferred
- Minimum beginner to intermediate proficiency with electrical, plumbing, appliance, basic carpentry, and HVAC repair
- Able to lift 50+ pounds
- Must live on-site or within ~15 miles of the property
- Reliable attendance
- Availability for on-call emergency situations on nights and weekends, on a rotating basis
- Excellent physical condition with no restrictions
- Provide own tools
- Valid driver’s license (and reliable transportation if living off-site)
- Physical exam, drug screening, and background check
- Ability and eagerness to learn
- Excellent judgment and decision making
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Superior work ethic and positive attitude
About our Property Management Company
Condor Corporation owns Palm Cove Apartments as well as 6 other apartment communities in Minnesota and Florida. We’re a family-owned company committed to providing outstanding living at an exceptional value since 1981. We are proud to say that nearly half of our employees have been with us for over 5 years! More than anything we could say, we think this speaks volumes about the value we see in our staff, and the value our staff see in the workplace at Condor Corporation.
Our family-centric approach informs everything we do – from maintaining the quality of our communities and apartments; to building a relationship of trust and service with our residents; to fostering long-term, mutually beneficial connections with our staff.
Why Join Our Team?
Join a team of dedicated professionals who care about what they do, and who they do it for.
Here are just a few reasons to come work with Condor:
- History of long-term employment
- On-the-job training
- Opportunities for growth
- Competitive pay
- On-site living – no more long commutes!
- Paid vacation, holiday, and sick time
- Healthcare, HSA, and dental benefits
- 401K matching (after 1 year)
- A positive, fun work environment
- A wide range of other perks, benefits, and community!
Condor Corporation is proud to work with people who share our passion for our company, communities, and residents.
If you’re looking for a workplace where you can learn on the job, be rewarded for effort and attitude, and feel like part of a community, Condor Corporation is the perfect fit. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply and join us as part of the Condor family!
If you’re interested in joining the Condor team at Palm Cove Apartments, please send an email to email@example.com with your resume and the subject line: Palm Cove Apartments Maintenance Technician. In the email, we encourage you to include a brief overview of your qualifications and availability.
We look forward to hearing from you!